The sales page doesn’t tell you what the product is, only that it’s an easy-to-use newbie-friendly system, that can make you a couple of hundred bucks a day.
But I’m going to reveal what the strategy is here. Because I believe it’s important that people know what they’re buying into rather than being seduced by a well-written sales page.
I’m not really giving anything away by revealing the strategy so I’m not undermining the product in any way.
That strategy is using Bonus pages for your affiliate offers.
This isn’t a new strategy by any means, but it is an effective one and if you plan on making money with affiliate marketing, then it’s one you need to give serious thought to.
Back in the good old days, you could advertise a raw affiliate link and make lots of sales. That doesn’t work any more. Many people who buy internet marketing products are now wise to the methods marketers use to entice buyers.
That’s probably less the case with other niches so direct linking to offers may still work to some extent there.
However, anyone who’s marketing online, whatever the niche, will come across the Bonus Page method sooner or later, and you’re going to be competing with them sooner or later.
I’ve been using bonus pages myself now for quite a while.
Let’s face it, if a person has a choice between buying a product through your raw affiliate link or buying through another marketer’s link where he’s offering good bonuses, which option are they going to pick. Be honest – which one would you pick?
The problem for a lot of marketers is where they find quality products to use as bonuses and how they can build professional-quality bonus pages to entice buyers.
To solve this problem, especially for newbies, the front-end Blistering product provides you with 10 pre-built bonus pages. Here are a couple of examples:
- Bonuses for Blistering itself
- Bonuses for The Lost Code (a similar system but with fewer bonus pages and exclusive strategies for promoting high-ticket items)
- Bonuses for Profiteer
All you need to do with Blistering is upload a picture of yourself (or a stock image of someone else), preferably against a white background. And then plug in your affiliate link. And you’re ready to go.
I don’t think it’s fair that I reveal what products these bonus pages are for, so I’ve blurred out that information in the screenshot above.
The bonus pages are built into the Bonus Page Creator plugin you download and install on your WordPress site.
The other part of Blistering is the training in how to promote your bonus pages. These aren’t methods I’ve come across before but let’s just say that Facebook plays a role in them though they’ve nothing to do with using Facebook Ads.
The promotional methods will take a bit of time and effort to implement. All but one involve free traffic. That last one does involve buying traffic.
So Is Blistering Worth Getting?
Here’s a screengrab of the top section of one of the Bonus pages you get with this system:
- If you have no experience in creating your own bonus pages or you don’t have good products to offer as bonuses, then for $13 you get 10 bonus pages you can start promoting. $1.30 for a bonus page is a tiny amount to pay.
- The promotional strategies for getting eyeballs on your bonus pages are new to me, and probably to a lot of marketers. New is good.
- Once you have your bonus pages set up, and that doesn’t take long, all you have to do is drive traffic to them. It’s a very quick way to get up and running and competing with more established marketers.
- Bonuses are delivered by the team behind Blistering. This saves you time uploading your bonuses somewhere online, storage and bandwidth fees and the hassle of delivering the bonuses yourself.
- The Bonus Page Creator plugin can be installed on multiple sites that you personally own.
- Everyone who buys Blistering will get the same 10 bonus pages. So you will be competing with other marketers who use the same bonus pages.
- You don’t get access to any of the bonuses yourself.
- You can’t edit the bonus page content so if you wanted to add some extra exclusive bonuses to your page, you can’t.
There are 5 upsells in the sales funnel:
Upsell #1: 30 Done For You Blistering Campaigns ($37)
I did buy this upsell.
- You get an additional 20 bonus pages (on top of the 10 pages with the Basic front-end package). Actually, 21 additional pages appeared in my admin page.
- Buying this upsell saves you a huge amount of time on creating your own bonus pages.
- Each bonus page in this package is a bit more expensive at $1.85 a piece.
- With this upsell you get access to the Bonus Page Creator Pro plugin which has the 30 bonus pages included in it. HOWEVER, this plugin and the Basic plugin are mutually exclusive and you can have only one of them activated at any one time.
- The Basic plugin contains 3 bonus pages that are NOT included in the Pro plugin. There is no way to import them into the Pro plugin. If you want to promote these pages, then you HAVE to use the Basic plugin, regardless of buying this upsell. I’ve emailed support to address this oversight and include the missing pages in the Pro plugin. Until this issue is resolved, if you want to promote the 3 bonus pages that are only in the Basic plugin as well as the bonus pages in the Pro plugin, you’ll need to install the Basic plugin on one website and the Pro plugin on a different website.
Upsell #2: Blistering Money Machines ($197)
I did not buy this upsell.
With this option, 20 additional bonus pages for new products will be built for you.
- These bonus pages will be for brand new products that haven’t been launched yet. This means you will be the FIRST to promote these offers using the Blistering System.
- This is SUPER powerful, being able to promote BRAND NEW offers to your subscribers BEFORE anyone else.
- The price. Each bonus page is roughly $10 each. Not much when you consider the time and effort you’d have to put into building your own bonus pages from scratch. But $197 is going to be too steep a commitment for many.
- There’s no time scale provided as to when and over what period these pages will be made available to you.
Upsell #3: Advanced Blistering Tactics ($47)
I did buy this upsell though I haven’t had the time yet to go through it.
This upgrade provides extra training that will show you ADVANCED tactics to scale your Blistering income and get results faster using a completely unique approach to writing compelling emails that get opened (the holy grail of email marketing).
The training consists of several case studies and two traffic rolodexes that show you where to get, mostly paid, traffic.
- You get additional promotional tactics to use to get your bonus pages out to a wider audience.
- These tactics mostly involve paid traffic so if you’re not at the stage where you have an advertising budget for your online business, this won’t be of use to you.
Upsell #4: Set This Up On Autopilot ($77)
I didn’t buy this.
This shows you how to set up Blistering to run 100% AUTOMATED by outsourcing EVERYTHING!
- It’s additional training for getting more exposure for your bonus pages.
- Since it involves outsourcing, there will be additional fees involved in implementing this method. Best left until you’re making at least some consistent income online.
Upsell #5: License rights ($97)
I didn’t buy this one either.
This upsell gives you the right to sell Blistering as your own product and get 100% commissions on it.
However, these rights don’t extend to the products (the upsells listed here) in the sales funnel.
As far as I can see, you get no rights to rebrand the product or put your own name on it.
You also can’t change the products in the sales funnel. Those are still controlled by Jason Fulton and Mosh Bari.
It’s basically just a license to receive 100% commissions on the front-end (Basic) product.
Pros & Cons of The Blistering Package
Okay, let’s look at the overall pros and cons for the Blistering package…
- It’s dirt cheap at $13 to get 10 fully built bonus pages with your affiliate links embedded. For the price you really can’t go wrong.
- It’s easy to install and adding your affiliate link is a simple copy & paste operation.
- It’s a great way to get started with bonus pages if you haven’t used them before.
- The bonus pages are provided through a WordPress plugin. So you do need to have your own website to use it. And if you don’t use WordPress, you can’t use these bonus pages.
- It’s best if you install the plugin on a new WordPress site. All the bonus pages have pre-defined permalinks. If you install on an existing WordPress site that has permalinks that are the same as those used in the Basic or Pro plugins, you will get conflicts and some bonus pages won’t work.
- There are a number of upsells thrown at you but only 2 or possibly 3 are really worth considering.
I bought Blistering because I didn’t know at the time that it was a product that provided pre-built bonus pages.
That’s because the sales page doesn’t tell you what you’re actually getting. It only sells you on the benefits.
Bonus pages offering quality bonuses are really a necessity these days.
Because, as often as not, what generates a sale is down to the bonuses on offer rather than the product being promoted.
I’ve built up a range of quality products I can now offer as bonuses.
And while there’s some overhead in adding a new bonus into Landing Page Monkey, after that, it’s a click-and-drag operation to add it to any bonus page I want to create or modify.
Landing Page Monkey also creates the bonus delivery page for me, though I do still have to upload the actual bonuses to one of my web servers.
Creating bonus pages with the tool does take a couple of hours as each page is unique, but I do have full control over what bonuses I offer.
Landing Page Monkey is $37 per year and I have a full review of it here if it’s something you’re interested in.
That said, I do like Blistering because its bonus pages provide bonuses that I don’t have rights to myself. So it adds to the mix.
Looking at the bonus pages it provides will also give you great ideas on how to build your own pages when the time comes.
Jason Fulton and Mosh Bari are experts at this so emulating their bonus page structure is something I’ll be doing more of myself.
As I say, you can’t go wrong in getting 10 Bonus Pages for $13. Plus You get my awesome bonuses! 🙂
Here’s my video review version of this blog post:
Filed under: Affiliate Marketing