Are you a blogger or website builder who advertises products from Amazon on your sites?
How is that working out for you?
Basic Amazon Affiliate Links
One of the typical ways to link out to Amazon is via the affiliate links they provide to you.
There are a couple of basic problems with this approach:
- The cookie a visitor gets when they go through your link only lasts for 1 day. So, if they come back and buy something after that, you don’t get a commission.
- You can’t geo-target these links so they take people to the Amazon region where you got your link. If a visitor them switches over to a different region (for example from Amazon USA to Amazon UK), you also won’t get any commissions from sales made in the different Amazon region.
Using Amazon Plugins For WordPress Instead
So, to address these issues, many plugins were developed for WordPress over the years.
I don’t know if similar plugins were available for other content management systems as I’ve only used WordPress myself.
One requirement Amazon stipulates is that product listings on your websites should always show the most up-to-date price for the advertised products.
Most Amazon plugins were able to do this which is why using a plugin was always a better choice than the raw affiliate links from Amazon.
Using Amazon’s 90-Day Cookies & Geo-Targeting
Some plugins also enabled the Shipping Cart option which bumped up the cookie duration from 1 day up to 90 days.
Other plugins also added a geo-targeting option – all you had to do was join the Amazon Associates program in each region you were interested in and paste your IDs into the plugin and links would automatically be used for the region your visitor was in.
But, over time, some of these plugins stopped being supported so they didn’t stay up to date with changes made by Amazon.
And they stopped working or gave inconsistent results.
There was one plugin called phpZon that I really liked and used a lot as it allowed me to present a number of products in grid or listing format based on keywords.
But support for it ended a few years ago and now the plugin doesn’t work.
It’s a shame because I haven’t come across another plugin that can present Amazon products in the same way.
An Alternative Amazon Affiliate Approach
Another approach is to use a system that’s designed to list and display Amazon products first and foremost.
You can add additional content if you want.
Fresh Store is such a system.
In fact, it’s the only system I know of that’s been specifically built for Amazon affiliates.
You can test drive it free for 5 days and it’s an ALL-IN-ONE platform for building, hosting and profiting with affiliate websites.
Everything you need in on one easy-to-use dashboard.
This is what’s included
- Easy Website Builder – Follow a few simple steps and your ready-to-go website will be online in minutes. Choose to create powerful affiliate websites with Fresh Store , WordPress or both!
- Instant Stores – Simply enter a keyword to create a unique populated affiliate Fresh Store in any niche you want.
- Feature Rich – Every account includes free vanity domain names, backups, monitoring and more.
- Proven Profit – This system has been helping members profit and scale with affiliate websites since 2010.
- Easy WordPress – Create and grow your WordPress websites without all the usual technical headaches.
- Custom Design – Powerful features to make your store and website designs stand above the crowd.
- eBay Affiliate Products – in addition to adding products from Amazon, you can also display products from eBay.
- Lightning Fast Cloud Hosting – Your websites are automatically hosted on a custom-built Google Cloud hosting platform with free domains. Never worry about downtime, speed issues or security ever again!
- Built in Traffic Tools – Generate traffic from Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Email Marketing and more with the built-in traffic tools. Follow the easy step-by step-training to explode your traffic!
- Expert Training & Resources – Get access to a library of easy-to-follow plain English training guides. Whether you are a complete beginner or seasoned pro there is something for all levels.
- Support Every Step of the Way – There is no question big or small for the support team and they have your back every step of the way. They always go the extra mile and have over 15 years of experience with affiliate websites.
Try It for Free – 100% free trial with all features unlocked. Start creating websites and stores within minutes. Upgrade, downgrade or cancel anytime.
Filed under: Affiliate Marketing