I know many of you who read this blog build and try to rank your websites in order to generate income online, whether that’s as a supplemental income or a full-time income.
Ranking sites has certainly become more difficult in the last couple of years with the various changes in how Google assesses the value of sites. So here’s a list of resources that may make your job easier as well as providing other means of earning income from your sites.
The most popular site building platform online is WordPress. Most people who build websites for profit use it. It’s also free but does require some time to learn if you’re new to it. Here’s a site that provides all the training you need to build profitable sites along with the means to build the sites using WordPress. You can even host the sites on their servers.
- If you want it go it alone and build your sites manually, then this is a great course on building niche sites. There isn’t a huge investment of time and resources in building niche sites though you should have an authority site or two in your portfolio as well. This is something this course covers thoroughly as well. The course is provided as a set of video tutorials.
- If video isn’t your thing (and I do prefer PDF manuals to video myself), then here’s a good alternative course. It’s focused on building niche sites and it’s approach to building niche sites is very similar to the above video course.
- Of course, you don’t have to build sites on WordPress. Building custom Amazon affiliate sites is another popular alternative. The beauty of Amazon is that all you really need to do is drive traffic to Amazon and if someone buys there, you get the commission, regardless of what they buy. The latest version of one of the best Amazon Store builders has just gone on sale, so that’s something you should check out if being an Amazon affiliate is for you. You can see a demo here.
Building backlinks is a pain and has become more so over the last couple of years with Google constantly tweaking its algorithms. Backlink building is a very time consuming endeavor and you have to be very careful about how you build links these days. In previous years, submitting articles to article directories was enough to boost your site.
That’s not the case these days.
Now you need a mix of links from authority websites, social networks, web 2.0 properties, RSS aggregators, social bookmarks, website directories, etc. So if your time is valuable or you’d rather use it for some other aspect of your business, then outsourcing link building is the way to go.
You can buy cheap link building packages on Fiverr but you can never be certain of the quality and they could do more harm than good for your site.
- Press Releases are one of the best ways of building backlinks today. A release goes out to several press release sites where they get picked up and published on many other sites, boosting your backlink profile. The problem is that a press release is constructed in a fundamentally different way to a normal article and if you get this wrong, you’re just wasting your time.This is the best of the Press Release services. They handle all aspects of the release from writing a professional quality press release to distributing it to various outlets. This normally costs $149 per release, but I have a deal with them so that you could save $50 and have a release issued for $99. If that’s something of interest, then please contact me via the Contact page.
- A new link building service has been launched by Jonathan Leger who’s well respected in affiliate marketing circles. There are quite a few backlink packages available ranging from $3 all the way up to $799, though the majority of the packages are in the $3 – $50 range. This is a great way to get a 20-100 backlinks built for you by a team of professional link builders who know what Google wants.In fact, if you order through the above link, I’ll give you a coupon that will get you free access to this additional excellent video course on how to rank your sites easily using YouTube.
Sometimes a site you build doesn’t reach the income potential you saw in it or maybe you don’t want the headache of managing a large number of sites so selling the website is a way of recouping your investment or even profiting. The easiest types of website to sell are WordPress sites as just about anyone in the business of buying sites will know how to use it.
- If building sites purely to sell for profit – especially sites that have no revenue – then this is the best course on how to go about doing that.
- If you’re looking at building sites, ranking them and have them earn money before selling them, then this course will teach you exactly how to go about that.
Domain Flipping / Flipping Websites
Where flipping websites is somewhat analogous to selling a house, domain flipping is akin to selling the plot of land a property is built on. The factors that determine a good domain name selected for flipping are different than those for a domain selected to build a site on (maybe with a view in mind that the site will later be sold).
What’s nice about domain flipping is that you only ever have to worry about the domain name itself. There’s no site to build or maintain, so no extra expenditure on buying content is required and no time has to go into building and maintaining the site, identifying the best ads to display and keeping the site up and running. You don’t even need webhosting as a domain can be parked or just left in your registrar pending a sale.
There is an art to domain flipping (and a bit of science) which I learned in this excellent domain flipping course which provides a solid grounding on what domain flipping is all about (it’s quite different to flipping websites) and it provides many tactics you can implement to flip domains depending on your personality. That might seem strange; what’s your personality got to do with this? Well, if you don’t like cold-calling (and who does really?) some methods won’t appeal. If you like communicating with people via email, other methods will appeal. If you don’t like dealing with people at all, still other methods will suit that philosophy.
I hope this article has given you some new ideas about how you can rank your own sites, how you can sell them for profit and, if the mood takes you, how you can dispense with building websites altogether and simply concentrate on buying and selling domain names.
Tagged with: affiliate marketing • Affiliate Sites • article directories • backlink building • Build Site • Build Websites • building backlinks • Building Websites • domain flipping • Domain Name • Domain Names • Drive Traffic • link building • Press Release • Press Release Sites • Rss Aggregator • Rss Aggregators • site building • social network • social networks • Video Tutorial • Video Tutorials • Website Directories • WordPress site
Filed under: Website Building